Monday, April 5, 2010

Bad luck

So, over the Easter weekend we lost both the aforementioned pot of basil (way too shady in the spot I left it) and our rabbit. So incredibly sad.

In addition, I managed somehow to step on a live, squirmy lizard in my living room this morning. I then proceeded to act like a complete idiot for the next hour while I tried to catch it (unsuccessful, by the way) while my 3-year-old ran around looking at me like the crazy buffoon that I am. It was quite a low moment for me. I am normally pretty cool, calm and collected when it comes to bugs and other creepy crawlies . . . when we're all outside. There's just something wildly unsettling about seeing an animal that should absolutely be outside suddenly inside your house. Embarrassingly, I haven't been able to sit comfortably with my feet on the ground all day today for fear the escaped lizard would run across my toes. And I am not at all looking forward to getting up for my 3-month-old's middle of the night feedings tonight! I seriously feel like this lizard is silently stalking me, just waiting for the perfect opportunity to totally creep me out again and elicit screams from a grown woman that should never be witnessed by anyone, human or reptile.

In more positive news, I did manage to put new cushions on our vintage patio set, allowing us to sit on them for the first time in the 6 years that we've owned them! Nothing like a little procrastination. Although in my defense, I always had big plans to learn to sew and make my own cushions. Thank god I found some at Target that fit correctly!

So for now, those are my exciting moments: lost basil & bunny, stalked by wild lizard, and new patio cushions. Oh how my life is going to change when my maternity leave ends in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment