Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Food

I just finished reading In Defense of Food and am feeling super inspired to try to follow the rules of "Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly Plants." If you haven't read it, you really should. The ideas are so basic and common sense that it is truly amazing how they've been overlooked and undermined on such a large scale. It will make you look at your pantry in a whole new way, I swear.

So anyhow, my reading of this book has now inspired my next cooking adventure: bread. I typically fixate on one thing, compulsively compare recipes until I narrow it down to a few, then start the experimental cooking. Well, I should really say the experimental baking, because everything that I have done this with has been a baked good. So yeah, now I'm off of lemon tarts (although I still need to try a delicious-sounding pine-nut crust recipe) and am on to bread. Any good recipes out there?

(I pose this question in a purely rhetorical fashion, because no one out there even knows about this blog!)

No comments:

Post a Comment